Posted By : David Winterburn
THE FA IS ASKING EVERY PARENT/CARER WITH A CHILD INVOLVED IN FOOTBALL TO TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO WATCH OUR PARENT/CARER VIDEO ABOVE CALLED ‘LET’S TALK ABOUT KEEPING CHILDREN SAFE IN FOOTBALL.
It outlines what you should expect from your club and how you can play your part in safeguarding your child.
We are asking you to:
1. Ensure you know who your child’s coach/manager is, how they will communicate with you, how you can contact them and how to get feedback on your child – ask if they are FA DBS checked and safeguarding trained
2. Put the Child Welfare Officer (CWO) name and contact details in your phone/notebook – ensure you and your child understand their role
3. Be clear about acceptable and unacceptable behaviour at your child’s club – sign up and adhere to their codes of conduct
4. Ask your child what they enjoy about playing – and remember this when supporting them!
5. Agree with your child how you will support/check-in to see how they are doing
6. Ensure your child understands their rights
7. Ensure you and your child know how to report a concern
8. Encourage your child to speak to you about anything that worries them, no matter how big or small
To learn more about safeguarding and welfare in grassroots football, please CLICK HERE
Share this ...
Update on Grassroots Football
Thu 25th Feb @ 14:12:02 (24 Views)
GRASSROOTS FOOTBALL SUSPENDED FOLLOWING LATEST COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS Monday 04 Jan 2021
Tue 5th Jan @ 09:08:23 (174 Views)
UPDATED COVID-19 FA GUIDANCE ISSUED FOR NON-ELITE FOOTBALL IN ENGLAND AFTER LOCKDOWN
Fri 4th Dec @ 15:42:58 (120 Views)
FA UPDATE FOR 'NON-ELITE' FOOTBALL IN ENGLAND FOLLOWING LATEST COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
Tue 3rd Nov @ 20:03:23 (408 Views)
THE FA’S NEW FOUR-YEAR STRATEGY FOR WOMEN’S AND GIRLS’ FOOTBALL IN ENGLAND
Mon 19th Oct @ 20:33:11 (238 Views)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - NHS QR CODE - UPDATED GUIDANCE ON TEST AND TRACE
Tue 22nd Sep @ 20:06:31 (332 Views)
GOVERNMENT ISSUES GUIDANCE ON A RETURN TO TEAM SPORTS, INCLUDING GRASSROOTS FOOTBALL
Fri 10th Jul @ 07:23:03 (612 Views)
Important update: New guidance for grassroots football
Sat 13th Jun @ 14:02:57 (354 Views)
Thirsk Falcons junior footballers hit by 'arson attack'
Sat 6th Jun @ 10:32:28 (337 Views)
FA Update - Covid-19 Guidance
Wed 3rd Jun @ 16:18:46 (295 Views)
SPORT ENGLAND COMMUNITY EMERGENCY FUND
Wed 1st Apr @ 19:47:24 (316 Views)
FA STATEMENT - Conclusion of the 19/20 Season
Thu 26th Mar @ 15:52:38 (640 Views)